Are you one of those people who are constantly in pursuit of happiness … But never seem to find it? If you are, you need to shift the way you perceive the “moment”. Don’t wait for that big life changing event or achievement to occur to make you happy. Because everyone deserves to live a joyful life, start by focusing on the little things that occur in your life that:-
- Put a smile on your face,
- Make you laugh,
- Produce that warm fuzzy feeling inside.
When you concentrate on all those little things, you wont need to be in pursuit of happiness … Because everyday will be simply joyful!!
Happiness is a state of Mind. It’s just according to the way you look at things.– Walt Disney –
So when you have a bad day, week, month, time or experience:-
- Take a moment & stop!!
- Breathe deeply for at least 5 breaths.
- Say to yourself out loud your favourite “happiness” mantra.
My 10 Simple Ideas That Helped Me In My Pursuit Of Happiness
1. Remind yourself you get what you focus on. So if you don’t like what you see, change your focus.
2. Instead of asking How can I get? … Ask what can I give? The energy of giving rewards your soul.
3. The state of joy is contagious. When you do what brings you joy, you uplift not only yourself but the rest of the world.
4. Remember what’s meant to be will always find a way.
5. Any troubling situation is designed to show you what needs to be worked on.
6. Maybe you’re exhausted because you’re tired of acting stronger than you feel. It’s okay to be vulnerable.
7. Say what you need to say. Because there is freedom in self-expression.
8. Things don’t happen to you, they happen for you.
9. Treat yourself way more kindly. When you nourish the inside, the outside will flourish.
10. Experience is the best way to learn. Because what you’re going through is preparing you for what you asked for.
So there you have my 10 ideas to help you find more joy in your life. Feel free to chose some or come up with your own “happiness” questions (mantra) that you can say to yourself when times get tough!!
Interested in reading more? Below are some of the other posts I’ve written that might help in your pursuit of happiness …
With Love, Light & Kindness 🙏